We're here! Week 12 with our little nugget.
Our little nugget, which we now know is a sweet little...
...BOY!
My honey's guess was right! I didn't have a "feeling" one way or the other, but I was kind of guessing a girl... bottom line, we are both so thrilled. We just know this little boy is going to be so much fun! I think he must be doing good in there, considering how I've grown!
Most importantly, the genetic screening tests that were run (how we found out the gender so soon) revealed low risk for all of the main genetic disorders!
This week was the National Night Out cookout in the neighborhood and I met another mama who's about 6 weeks ahead of me in her pregnancy. She's already got a little boy who is 4, so she's probably got this whole pregnancy/parenting thing down pat :) But I hope that we can stay in touch - it'd be so nice to have a mama friend in the neighborhood!
What I'm Loving
Knowing our baby is a boy! I get a free pass on having very little hair braiding/etc expertise! We have our name picked out (but we're not telling everyone right now) so it's fun to call him by his name. I also love checking out my bump in the mirror every morning (the evenings are so bloated.... that's actually a little disconcerting/alarming, so I prefer the morning bump)!
How I'm Feeling
Nausea is pretty much all gone now! Definitely getting a good appetite going now... I'm usually eating lunch at work by 11:30 and that's after a good breakfast and usually a mid-morning snack, too! Trying to focus on healthy things so I don't gain 100 pounds :) But unfortunately, carbs are still my main "craving" so it's hard. I get pretty tired in the early evenings, and I'm not a fan of sitting at my desk all day - it makes my back sore and my sciatica has been acting up.
Emotions
I'm doing good, not randomly breaking out in tears or anything, but I feel myself welling up with emotion from time to time. I'm also anxious for our next appointment to get here (about 2 weeks to go - half way there!). All my mama friends tell me the early part of pregnancy before you can feel baby moving is really hard, and they're right. All you can do is hope that everything's alright in there! I'm officially in love and can't wait for next April. I guess I have a little while to wait, huh? But we're this close too being one third of the way there, and that's exciting!
It Takes A Village...
I'm so thankful for my SIL who lets me text her with random questions as they pop up in my head :) And wow, our friends Bryan and AJ hooked me up with the biggest lot of hand-me-down boy clothes and some other items... I'm pretty sure our little guy is set from newborn to 3T! LOL

We are so excited for our little nephew to get here!! You are looking adorable little mama! I've felt all the emotions reading your posts and can't wait to go along on this journey with y'all!
ReplyDeleteSigned, one proud and excited Aunt!!