Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Feelin' Huge and 36 Weeks Pregnant

I'm not sure I'm willing to admit this is me!!!

How far along: 36 weeks + 1 day
How big is baby: 5-6 lbs, and 19-20 inches long!
Diet/Cravings/Aversions: I am still loving chips and salsa, but who doesn't!? It's been a little harder to stick to my GD diet because I'm just tired of eating that way, but I'm doing alright.
Symptoms: Starting to feel him (or at least the weight of baby/fluid/etc.) down lower, not a fan of bumps in the road!
Sleep: Mostly good with a period of wakefulness from about 2/3am-5am... then ready to snooze again... but the alarm goes off at 6:10!
Movement: He's still very active. Sharp pokes, lots on my right side.
Labor signs: Nothing yet.
The belly: Oh my gosh is about all I can say! It's getting huge.
Belly button- in or out: Outie for sure!

Best moment this week: I think it's coming tomorrow... my last day at work! WOW! It's going to feel like a vacation at first, but I still can't quite figure out how I feel about never going back! Very weird to be leaving the place and the people you've spent at least 40 hours a week.
What I miss: Not waddling on our walks around the neighborhood :)
What I am looking forward to: Same as last week - meeting and holding our baby boy!
Milestones: We are in the final month! Now I have check ups every week. Sammy had his first non-stress test (just a monitor strapped to my belly for about 15 minutes) and he did great - lots of good fluctuations in his heart rate, lots of kicks and movements... all indications that he's very happy in there and getting the oxygen and nutrients and everything he needs. We also had an ultrasound to confirm he's head down... and he is! He's not engaged in my pelvis or anything yet, but he is low low low so things are heading in the right direction. YAY! We also went to the fire station and were officially shown how to install our carseat and how to strap baby in - we're "ready"!
What I'm loving: Handmade blankets from family and friends. Such a special gift!
Worries: The only one I can think of is hoping we deliver between now and April 19th, and that he doesn't decide to hang out inside too much past his due date. I know he's in charge of picking his birthday, but Mama would like to have as close to an on-time baby as possible.

1 comment:

  1. You look great! I love your bump! Congratulations on your last day of work!! Keep the updates coming!

    ReplyDelete