Thursday, March 17, 2016

35 Week Bumpdate

How far along: 35 weeks - oh my gosh, has it really been three weeks since I updated?! 

How big is baby: Just a little over 5 lbs, and 18-19 inches!
Diet/Cravings/Aversions: Nothing stands out this week.
Symptoms: I was still having rib and sciatica pain, so I started going to a chiropractor and I'm feeling a LOT better now! I've started noticing some slight swelling in my feet and ankles at the end of the day, too. NESTING - I've started laundry, and I'm anxious to get our room set up with his pack n play. I'm starting to think his nursery won't really be finished before he gets here, but we'll see - it's not a huge priority since he won't be upstairs for a while.
Sleep: Well, I'm updating this at 4:30am, so... :) For the most part, sleep has been improving with the chiropractic care, but still battling some insomnia. I think I'm getting a little excited.
Movement: He is still movin' and groovin' in there! Love his movements, even if they look silly sometimes (he can really contort my whole stomach!)
Labor signs: Nothing, and we want to keep it that way for a couple more weeks. At 36 weeks I'm technically far enough along to deliver at the birth center as long as there aren't any complications, but that would still be a pretty early baby!
The belly: See photo above! Measuring right on track, looking quite pregnant these days!
Belly button- in or out: I officially have a slight outie now!
Best moment this week: Sleeping all night in my bed, rather than on the couch! Also, our friends hosted a surprise shower for B that was a lot of fun. Oh, and we had a couple from the neighborhood over for dinner - they're expecting a little boy in July - and we had a great time! I'm really excited to have a mommy friend nearby. On their way out, the husband mentioned we'd be having sleepovers soon, and it almost made me cry (happy tears!).
What I miss: I can't really think of anything besides Chick-Fil-A and pigging out on sweets and things I'm not supposed to be eating. But I've been able to keep my sugars under control really well, so I've been able to splurge on a sweet treat here and there.
What I am looking forward to: Holding our baby boy in my arms. Seeing B meet his son. My last day of work (April 24th!)
Milestones: Most of Sammy's development should be complete by now and he should be just packing on some cute baby fat.
What I'm loving: Savoring these last few weeks of pregnancy as best as I can. I know I'm going to miss this... although we'll be too distracted by newborn parenting to notice for a while, I'm sure!
Worries: Next Tuesday at our 36 week appoinment, we'll have an ultrasound to determine his position... fingers crossed he's head down and stays that way!

No comments:

Post a Comment