Tuesday, April 5, 2016

38 Week Bumpdate!


Change of scenery this week! Posing in his nursery :)
How far along: 38 weeks
How big is baby: Theoretically, between 6 and 7 pounds - but I really have no idea!
Diet/Cravings/Aversions: I have LOVED not having to track every bite of food and only testing my blood sugar once at night. We had Killen's BBQ (my first time there!) on Sunday, it was delicous, but that didn't agree with my system, LOL! So, I'd say BBQ is still firmly on my "least favorite" list this pregnancy!
Symptoms: Just a big belly and feeling a bit more tired these days. I don't turn down a nap, and fall asleep pretty easily.
Sleep: Pretty good overall. Starting to realize how much I'm going to miss sleep soon!
Movement: He's still active (in fact, he's squirming around right now!) and I'm in awe of his strength.
Labor signs: No signs of anything happening anytime soon... although I think he may have dropped down a little (even a neighbor said something!).
The belly: Love my lil' beach ball :) Dresses are so much more comfy than pants, I ordered two from Old Navy and they're my favorite things to wear right now!
Belly button- in or out: Outie all the way! Also, I have a couple good stretch marks now. I've also noticed my belly is more itchy this week - I'm applying lotion/coconut oil twice a day!
Best moment this week: Finishing his nursery!
What I miss: Well, I AM looking forward to that donut...
What I am looking forward to: Besides donuts? LOL I'm still chill/relaxed, but I'm also ready for this to happen. There so much unknown about labor, delivery, and actually meeting our boy, and I'm ready to get started on all of it!
Milestones: So, baby could come anytime between now and May 3rd (we most likely will not be allowed to go past 42 weeks). We're in the 4 week window of opportunity - come on, baby!
What I'm loving: Everything. I'm a very happy woman with an amazing husband, I'm relaxed, my pregnancy hasn't been particularly difficult or painful, and I'm just really excited for my new role as mommy.
Worries: The only one I can think of is probably a non-issue, but I haven't had any signs of colostrum coming in yet. From what I've read, that can be totally normal, so my worry is probably unfounded. It's probably too early, or just doesn't matter before baby comes, anyway. But I really hope all goes well in the breastfeeding department, so I guess that's why it's on my mind. 
Pics from his room:

Particularly proud of the mobile I made for him.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the nursery and I especially love your bump picture by his crib!

    ReplyDelete