Tuesday, April 12, 2016

39 Weeks and Ready to Pop!

How far along: 39 weeks

How big is baby: Hopefully about 7 lbs, the size of a small watermelon.
Diet/Cravings/Aversions: Nothing notable.
Symptoms: Increasingly painful middle of the night trips to the bathroom - my poor little bladder is sooo squished!
Sleep: Mmmmmm.... sleep.... :) Enjoying it while I can.
Movement: I think I can sort of tell he's starting to run out of room in there. Hopefully he realizes that means he should come out soon.
Labor signs: Nothing to report! Hopefully soon!
The belly: No major changes.
Belly button- in or out: Outie... curious when that might go back to normal...?
Best moment this week: Saturday was a fun day with my sweetie - lunch in the park, a nice walk, and picking up our rocker/glider/recliner. Realizing that we may be experiencing our last weekend(s) as a family of two, and being soooo excited to start new memories as a family of three!
What I miss: I have to admit, there are a lot of "to do"s that I will not miss... exercises to do, pills/herbs to take, etc... it's probably not realistic to try to do everything by the book, but nevertheless, even just attempting to keep up with it all can feel a little overwhelming.
What I am looking forward to: Holding Samuel Kai in my arms for the first time. Pretty much all I think about.
Milestones: Every day seems like a milestone. 
What I'm loving: Knowing that pregnancy is drawing to an end and a whole new life is about to begin.
Worries: Forget breastfeeding (the worry of the week last week)... now I'm just focused on the labor experience and getting through that first! I'm excited, and a little nervous... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment