Monday, August 6, 2018

24 Weeks.. Oh My Aching ______ (Everything)

I'm up nice and early this morning because I just couldn't lie in bed any longer. My upper legs from my buttocks down my thighs are killing me as I lay on my sides at night. Definitely a strange symptom... as soon as I'm up, it feels better... but I'm exhausted from having trouble sleeping.

Maaaaayyybeeeee it has something to do with the fact that we have been prepping our master bathroom for a partial remodel? Our portion of the work has been removing the painted over wall paper (nightmare!) and we will be finishing the walls with texture and paint once the contractors are done installing the tub, shower and window. The contractors are supposed to start today, so that part at least is pretty exciting.

We had a checkup on Friday, it wasn't the smoothest prenatal appointment, and I've been a little stressed since then, though we probably have no reason to worry. Baby girl's heartbeat decelerated significantly while we were listening. I was laying on my back while the midwife was using the doppler, and when she rolled me onto my side, her heart rate immediately recovered. She probably just compressed her cord somehow, but it was significant enough to be somewhat alarming. We may elect to do an extra ultrasound soon just for some peace of mind. Beyond that, I've just been instructed not to lay on my back, and to monitor her movements and call if I'm concerned.

Other than that, my blood pressure is great, I've gained 16 pounds so far, and measuring pretty much right on track (though I definitely feel like my bump has grown exponentially since my last update!). We do have a name picked out, so we may be making that announcement soon.


Cute big brother story... Sam and I were eating lunch, and our "big boy" obsessed 2 year old grabbed the large fork out of the guacamole bowl (to eat more guacamole, of course) and said "Sammy's fork"... followed by putting his baby fork down on the table and saying "No like that one, it for baby sister". It was soooo sweet to hear him say that, and to realize he is actually understanding some of our conversations about baby on the way!

Happy boy with a cute otter party favor bag.

Father-son bonding at the Home Depot kids workshop.


Riding the Kemah carousel with Grammie.

Mom and Dad got to enjoy a weekend getaway to the Frio River in Concan, TX. No pictures of us together, but here's a couple of Mommy and her girl friends! 


This boy loves everything fire truck related.


Silly boys Luke and Sam at the park.



Tie Dye Family! 

Another awesome party favor!

Beach day in Galveston.

We rescued an injured Mississippi Kite one afternoon. 




Getting "creative" with our indoor summer play ;) 



Just doing whatever we can to stay cool! Little man requested a purple snowcone during a Hike it Baby outing.

Train set + magnet blocks have been pretty popular lately.


No comments:

Post a Comment