Monday, August 27, 2018

27 Weeks... Hello Third Trimester!

Oh my goodness, finally entering the home stretch.

Our little girl's name is decided! We can't wait to meet you, sweet Nora Ann!

Our first ultrasound following the heart rate deceleration incident was pretty uneventful! She was measuring right on target, and everything looked good. I am going back this Wednesday to remeasure the pressure in the cord (kind of like blood pressure) because it was just slightly higher than normal last time, and we want to make sure it is back within normal range.

The dreaded Gestational Diabetes test is this Friday. I wish I could say I've been eating perfectly and I'm feeling ready and confident... but I'm totally not. It's been so hot, I haven't exercised nearly as much as I did in my first pregnancy. I'm gaining a bit more weight this time. I've been stressed with the bathroom remodel and toddler tantrums, and there have been some days where I ate my troubles away in the form of chocolate... Tonight at work, there was a slice of decadent chocolate cake and I ate the whole thing. Ahhhh! LOL

Our bathroom, mid remodel. Still needs glass for the shower and paint on the walls, but we are getting there!


Sammy is really pushing boundaries and learning that bad behavior has consequences! He can be sweet as pie one moment, and a total wreck the next. It takes a lot of patience to deal with it all day long. But he freely says "I wuv you Mommy" and sings the sweetest version of "Goodnight Sweetheart" you'll ever hear in your life. We love this crazy little bugger so much.

Neighborhood stroll...

The carousel at the zoo is a big attraction - thank goodness it's only $2! 
Just a little routine Sundae torture... we are still struggling with "gentle hands"... 
Big boy learning to ride his strider bike.
Celebrating my birthday at the beach! 
Bath time - some days we love it, some days we don't. Always keeping us on our toes...
Family birthday selfie at the beach.
Sammy's big treat after our Hibatchi dinner - wow, that was NOT a kid-sized cup of ice cream! 
My kitchen  helper - he has been really interested in "helping cook". It's messy, but it's a great way to spend the afternoon inside, not watching TV :)
My handsome dinner date - I insisted he wear a shirt with buttons, like his Daddy and Grandaddy - ha! 

He asks to go to the zoo almost every day. This boy loves to "go"!
All smiles with his big boy scooter.

Parent-child swing at the park. 
Big zoo trip with friends (these are our neighbors, Leeland and Hunter). Watching the elephants take a bath.
Maker space at the Children's Museum in Galveston with our bestie, Luke.
Splash pad fun with Luke - that's right, Sam actually played on a splash pad! 




No comments:

Post a Comment