Tuesday, January 19, 2016

27 Week Update!

I've stolen this format from my SIL :) Figured it would be fun to follow along for the third trimester!
How far along: 27 Weeks

 
How big is baby: Just over 2 pounds! About the size of a head of cauliflower. Wow!
Diet/Cravings/Aversions: I'm trying to really watch my carbs before my GD test on the 26th... slightly stressed about that one! I just feel like I'm more prone to insulin issues with family history of diabetes, suspected PCOS, and knowing that drastically cutting carbs from Nov 2014-June 2015 helped me lose like 25 lbs! But carbs always sound sooooo good (they have my whole pregnancy!) and I'm not always perfect (pizza, dear pizza...). I recently mentioned I thought I was having a craving for some good fruity gelato or sorbet... haven't splurged on it yet, but it does sound amazing... I still don't care for the smell or thought of BBQ sauce - so weird! But at a conference last week, they had BBQ at lunch and I was fine eating the BBQ meats, sans sauce. 
Symptoms: I do tend to get some rib pain on my right side, particularly when laying down. It makes for long nights, lots of tossing and turning, and some attempts to sleep on the couch where I can  sleep really upright. But as soon as I'm up and moving for the day, the rib pain goes away. We made my awesome bacon-print rice socks to microwave and provide heat for aches and pains - those are great! I've also noticed a little tendency toward pregnancy weepiness - I am easily moved to little tears in my eyes - it really doesn't take much!
Sleep: Meh, not much has changed here. I sleep well from 9:30pm-3am, and then I'm usually up/dozing until it's time to get up. Last coupe of days I've gone to bed later and slept hard until 5:30ish... I might be feeling some third tri exhaustion already... the dogs aren't helping - they love to snuggle close in the winter months and it drives me crazy when I can't stretch/move my legs.
Movement: Lots of kicking! Visible from the outside, even. I love when Brian puts his hand on my tummy and feels it, too. SIL asked me about hiccups - sometimes the movements are really rhythmic, so I guess those could be hiccups... but I can't say I feel it and know "Oh, he has hiccups!"
Labor signs: None, thank goodness. Keep baking, little boy.
The belly: Oof, yeah, it's there! 
     
Belly button- in or out: Still in, pretty flat though and really stretched out. I think this is the site of my first (and only, so far) stretch marks. That's going to look interesting, LOL!
Best moment this week: We purchased our glider/rocker/recliner chair! Looking forward to snuggling and nursing there soon. Delivery window could be as late as April 11th - here's to hoping the chair arrives before the baby does!
What I miss: Not grunting when I turn over in bed. It's become such a production to just change from my left to my right side... oh, and definitely just being able to sleep on my back. I really miss sleeping on my back.
What I am looking forward to: Having the GD test behind me. Meeting our baby boy. I want him to bake as long as he needs to, I'm not wishing for an early delivery or anything... but I'm really looking forward to meeting him.
Milestones: I announced my decision not to return to work! I'll officially become a stay at home mom on March 25th! This was huge for me - so happy with our decision and that I have this opportunity, but it was also difficult for me to walk away from a job that just 2 years ago I was soooo excited to begin!
What I'm loving: Walking into our son's room and seeing his crib! Thinking about Brian and I as parents, in addition to being spouses. I feel like we are such a strong team and I can't wait to begin this new adventure with him.
Worries: I still worry every now and then that "anything can happen" at any time - I'm slightly neurotic about his movements and kicking sometimes. But Brian reminds me that this worry will be part of our lives from now on, and he's right. Nothing we can't handle, but significant none the less.

1 comment:

  1. Awwww, look at your cute 27 week bump!! Keep the updates coming, I love seeing and hearing how you're doing!

    I had to laugh about the grunts turning over in bed because that is SOOOO true!!

    ReplyDelete