Samuel Kai was born April 22nd, at 11:56am. We successfully had our natural, drug free delivery, with Brian as my coach, our doula Justine supporting us both, and three of the midwives attending. It was a fast delivery, with contractions starting around 7pm the night before. By the time we arrived at the birth center Friday morning, I was already 8 cm dilated! Just a few hours later he was in my arms.
He surprised everyone with his size! Our "little" boy was born at 9 lbs, 5 oz, 21 inches long, and a 14 and 3/8 inch head, full of hair!
 |
| Getting to know Samuel Kai! Hi there, handsome! |
 |
| Our little Steve Zissou all dressed and ready to go home! LOVE this outfit, so glad it fit :) |
 |
| Car ride home! |
 |
| Daddy working his magic! |
We are all adjusting to life as a family of three! The daily routine with a breastfeeding newborn keeps us super busy, so there hasn't been much time for blogging, or really ANYTHING it seems :) But here we are, already two weeks old. Every day is a new experience. And that is exactly what we talked about being excited to share.
And I must add, I have the best, most supportive and understanding husband - Samuel and I are really lucky to have him!
Welcome, Sammy! We are so happy you're here!
ReplyDelete