Saying goodbye to the first trimester is music to my ears! Now that I'm feeling better, I'm feeling more excited about everything!
We have been fighting the 2 year old sleep regression lately. We decided to start trying to get Sam to go to sleep on his own, rather than with us laying next to him or patting him (rather, sitting beside his bed or a few feet away), thinking it would be a good preparation for baby brother or sister, too. Things got better for a week or so... and then back to awful! I'm sure the family cold we've been sharing hasn't helped. I'm not sure there's much more frustrating than spending an hour trying to get a kid to sleep! Especially when you have other things to get done. Hopefully we are back on an upswing now, bedtime has been going well, it's mostly just naps we are struggling with.
About two weeks ago we were hit with a terrible tragedy in our community - the school shooting at Santa Fe High School, just a few miles from us. 10 people (8 students and 2 teachers) were killed. Our dear friend Amy is a teacher at that school. My boss's granddaughter is a senior there. Thankfully, the people we are connected to who were there when it happened are okay, but it is heart wrenching thinking about the families who cannot say the same. Instead of planning graduations and summer vacations, they're planning and attending funerals for lives cut numbingly short. And it's difficult to think about sending Sammy, and eventually his sibling, to school, with the way things are. Truthfully, there are moments when I think a lot of expectant mothers question bringing an innocent life into this world. But we have to focus on the good and positive, on all the ways we can give our children the tools they need to succeed emotionally, academically, socially and in their careers. For every bad apple, there are thousands of good ones, and hundreds of REALLY GOOD ONES. I hope we can drive out the excuses and the bad apples, get troubled people the help they need, and usher in a new era of peace, compassion and progress.
Back to pregnancy, my tummy is starting to poke out a bit, and I've gained a couple pounds. I'm anxiously awaiting my next appointment on 6/1. I can't wait to hear that heartbeat! I think everyone is excited to learn if we're expecting a little boy again or a little girl this time. I'm hoping in about a month we will know!
 |
| Trying to stay cool - it's May but it feels more like August... going to be a long summer! |
 |
| Taking Sundae for her monthly visit to the vet! |
 |
| Fireman Sam enjoying some morning snacks and tv time. |
 |
| Our awesome swimmer is excited to show off the rings he has retrieved from the bottom of the pool. Lessons are going better! |
 |
We have recently taken a liking to drinking from the water hose.
I miss the innocent days before the internet when we drank from water hoses without worry.
Now there's warnings about nasty things like chemicals and mold... yuck.
But oh well. For a smile like that, I'll take my chances. |
 |
Independent sleep you say?
Not when baby has a cold! LOL |
 |
| Swimming in Lake Conroe over Memorial Day weekend. |
Baby-related prep: I bought new breast pads (can't reuse the old ones, since Sam still sleeps with them!) and a double stroller at Babies'R'Us during their going out of business sale. Saved about $115 off our stroller.
Such a sweet post with adorable pictures. I'm lovin' the Baby Borski 2.0 updates!
ReplyDelete