Written
4/15
Oh boy, this has not been fun.
I'm feeling awfully guilty for the amount of time spent in my house sitting on the couch and watching tv. I still force myself to get outside with Sam every day, but it's a battle to walk around the neighborhood most days. Cooking meals is torture. We've been eating out a lot. I've been sitting at my desk for 30 minutes trying to write a grocery shopping list and I can't even come up with one meal that doesn't make my stomach turn.
I have still not actually thrown up, but I've come REALLY CLOSE several times. I think I may be at a point of admitting my morning sickness is worse this time than last. Or maybe I just don't fully remember how miserable it was. My diet consists mostly of various forms of bread and cheese, some meat when I can, and fruit. Hardly any vegetables are making it past my lips (though I did manage some salad on Monday at lunch... even though I felt terrible the rest of the day...)!
This week I should be busting my booty getting the house ready for Sam's birthday party on Saturday. To make matters worse, it looks like it might rain, so instead of the party being focused on the backyard, we may have to be inside! Eeek!
We're almost to appointment day! That's the silver lining this week. I've had all kinds of anxiety, from them calling to cancel my appointment (I wouldn't be able to reschedule for two weeks, and that sounds like torture!) to not seeing anything at all on ultrasound and everyone wondering what the heck all this morning sickness has been about. I'm ready for Friday, 2pm to get here!
On Sunday, Brian flies to Orlando for a work conference, and I'm meeting him there Tuesday-Sunday. I hope I feel well enough to enjoy this week away together. Sam will be staying with Grammie and Grandaddy. If nothing else, I know he will enjoy some one on one time and the adventures Grammie has planned! And I can sleep/relax as much as I want/need without having to tend to the needs of a 2-year-old for a couple days.
That was a lot of complaining, but it's just the reality of my situation right now. I'm looking forward to the veil of nausea lifting, and getting confirmation Friday that everything looks good... hopefully soon this difficult part will pass and we will get to focus on the excitement of adding another little wonder to our family.
No comments:
Post a Comment