Saturday, May 12, 2018

Appointment Day!

Written 4/29

It finally arrived - appointment day!

Loved seeing midwife Diana, who delivered Sam! It was kind of surreal to be back at the birth center, but besides being a little nervous about going through the natural birth again, it is a really soothing place and I'm excited to be working with Diana and Jackie for the duration of my pregnancy this time.

We chatted, went through a lot of background, checked my BP, etc... and then I finally got to lay down and Diana used the doppler to find baby's heartbeat.

Yeah, we couldn't find it.

Which wasn't really abnormal for 8, almost 9 weeks. But dang it didn't help my anxiety.

So we went to the next room over and used the ultrasound.

First we saw the sac, which was shaped like a long skinny banana, LOL. Finally found the baby! And the tiny flicker of the heartbeat. We wanted to make sure there was only one - success! One healthy, tiny baby in there.


Things are a little different at the birth center than they were at my OB's office when I was pregnant with Sam (I didn't transfer to the birth center until after 20 weeks!). They don't print pictures from the ultrasound, they didn't measure baby's crown to rump or my amniotic sac to estimate dates or anything. Just confirmed that yep, there's a baby in there, and yep, the heart is beating! 

WHICH IS A GREAT THING! 

Next appointment is a long 6 week wait - 6/1.





No comments:

Post a Comment