Tuesday, November 27, 2018

40 Weeks (and 2 Days... but Who's Counting?)

40 Week Update:


 40 weeks pregnant with Nora, top.
40 weeks pregnant in 2016 with Sam, bottom. 



How big is
 baby: Probably huge. Why, oh why, did I have to go overdue again?!
Diet/Cravings/Aversions: Not much to report here. 
Symptoms: Lots of braxon hix contractions, sore all over. READY TO HAVE THIS BABY!
Sleep: Crashing early (like 9pm) and awake from 2-4am, back asleep until Sam wakes up at 6:30-6:45. 
Movement: Still moving around, but there's not much room anymore.
Labor signs: At my last appointment, I was 2 cm dilated and mostly effaced, things were looking favorable but not expected to happen right away. So far, that has been true. 
The belly: Measurements are good, but I definitely feel huge and uncomfortable and can barely tie my shoes. 
Belly button- in or out: I have no belly button.  
Best moment this week: Sammy saying "I love you baby sister, I want to play with you."
What I miss: Not worrying about labor and delivery.
Milestones: Thanksgiving came and went. Due date has come and gone. Now we are just waiting for Nora to pick her birthday!
What I am looking forward to: Holding and meeting this sweet baby girl of ours. 
What I'm loving: I have had one massage each week the past 3 weeks, and those were fantastic! The last two were induction massages. Can't say they've helped induce labor, but they have been very nice anyway. 
Worries: Normal anxiety/worrying about everything going smoothly for labor and delivery. I definitely feel more confident in knowing what to expect this time around. 

Thanksgiving 2018



Trimming the Christmas tree. It's all ready for you, Nora!


Me being sad that my baby girl didn't come in time to wear this cute Thanksgiving dress.
I guess we get to look forward to Nora's first Thanksgiving in November 2019 (and she'll actually be able to sample some of the food!)

Sending our letter to Santa.

Cautious but intrigued by going to see jolly old St. Nick.

Still getting out with our Hike it Baby friends, enjoying the fall weather!




Took our big boy to Brazos Bend State Park. 

And to the Bayou Wildlife Zoo with Grammie and Grandaddy.

Our beautiful family photos by the one and only Annie Wymore! 







No comments:

Post a Comment